Showing 1–12 of 30 results
Mac Oxi Trigger Spray 1 litre€2.25 Price incl. VAT €2.77 Add to basket
Spray Starch 500ml€2.99 Price incl. VAT €3.68 Add to basket
Textile Freshener 400ml€4.99 Price incl. VAT €6.14 Add to basket
Lint Roller Refill 20 metres€5.40 Price incl. VAT €6.64 Add to basket
Sentinell Fresh 5 litres€5.50 Price incl. VAT €6.77 Add to basket
Lint Roller 20 metres€6.99 Price incl. VAT €8.60 Add to basket
Taid White and Colour 5 litres€7.99 Price incl. VAT €9.83 Add to basket
Dormer Soft Concentrated Fabric Conditioner€8.95 – €30.95 Select options
Sentimat Power 5 litres€8.99 Price incl. VAT €11.06 Add to basket
Blue Centrefeed Rolls pack of 6€9.50 – €970.00 Select options
Credit Card Rolls 57x40x12.7mm box of 20 rolls€9.95 Price incl. VAT €12.24 Add to basket
Clear Tape€13.95 – €50.95 Select options
Showing 1–12 of 30 results
How to Start a Laundry Business in Ireland
Looking to set up a new laundry in Ireland? Well, below is a quick guide to how to start a laundry business and the essentials you need to consider:
- Existing Competition in the area you are looking to open up your new laundry. Ideally, choose a location where there is demand for a launderette which is currently not being serviced. This is not always easy! Also, do some market research on how much other local laundries are charging. This will give you an idea about potential revenue and whether opening a new laundry is viable.
- Premises – ideally choose a location with good footfall at an affordable rent, with sufficient space to put laundry equipment in to. Also, importantly consider whether the unit has single phase or three phase electricity as this will determine what equipment you can install.
- Machinery – Speak to several laundry equipment suppliers to find out the best machinery for your premises and your budget. Remember you don’t need to buy every single item of machinery all at the start. Over time you can add washing machines and dryers as you grow. Please note here at Dormer we don’t sell, install or service laundry equipment. However, we can put you in contact with companies who have many years of experience of supplying laundry equipment.
- Budget – Opening a new laundry does cost money and it may be several weeks or months before you start to earn income. Therefore, you need to have finance or be able to raise enough money to start a launderette. After you buy some laundry equipment and pay your rental deposit make sure you have enough working capital left to finance your first few months in business.
- Marketing – The better you market your new laundry, the more likely you are to be successful. A good website and proactive social media presence are an essential starting point for any local business. In addition, it is very important that any laundry is kept clean and tidy making it attractive for customers to call in and drop off their laundry.
- Bookkeeping – Ok keeping the books up to date may sound boring, particularly after a busy day working in a laundry. However, keeping a close eye on your income and overheads is essential. You need to know that you are generating enough income to pay all your expenses and still get your own salary! You may need the help of an experienced bookkeeper or accountant.
- Experience!!! The more experience you have of an industry, the more likely you are to be successful in running your own business. Starting a new laundry is no different. If you have worked in a laundry before you are more likely to know what works well and the mistakes to avoid! Therefore, working in a laundry for at least a few months and learning a lot more about the industry will be time very well spent. Most importantly, you will also find out if running and working in a laundry is really for you!
How to Start a Laundry Business – Essential Laundry Detergents and Consumables
Once you have conquered all the above you still need to use the right laundry detergents and consumables to make your new laundry successful.
You want to give your customers the best possible service and this very much means giving them back clean, fresh laundry!
Essential laundry detergents for every good laundry include:
- Commercial Washing Powders or Laundry Liquid Detergents that remove stains and leave textiles clean and fresh smelling.
- Fabric Conditioners that leave textiles with a lovely soft feel and fresh fragrance. Also, fabric softeners remove static and therefore make it easier to iron garments.
- Commercial Stain Removers that remove common stains, for example from food and drink, without causing colour lift on textiles.
Here at Dormer we have been supplying laundries across Ireland with essential laundry chemicals, packaging and consumable items for over 30 years.
We know the right products that commercial launderettes need to be successful. Moreover, we understand that laundries need the right products to be delivered on time at an affordable price.
Talk to the Laundry Experts
Our team of experts will be happy to discuss any questions you have on how to start a laundry business.
Please feel free to contact our team of experts to find out more about any of our products. Call us on 042 937 2106 or send us an email.
How to Order the Products You Need for Your Laundry
Get Free Delivery on all orders over €199 + VAT!
Order the right products for your laundry at the best prices online now at Dormer.ie.